A protein shaker makes for easy, no-fuss, no-mess pancakes the kids can make for Mother’s Day brekkie!
- 1 cup of milk (250ml)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of self-raising flour (250g)
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1/2 punnet of blueberries
- Grab mum or dad’s protein shaker that’s been sitting in a cupboard just waiting to be used (or similar bottle).
- Pour the milk into the shaker then add self-raising flour, egg, blueberries and maple syrup.
- Give the shaker a good shake until ingredients are mixed in.
- Lightly butter a pan or use a non-stick pan, and pre-heat to a medium heat.
- Pour the mixture into the pan in little circles and cook each side until golden brown.
- Stack the pancakes on a plate and serve to Mum in bed!
Why we like it
It’s easy and there’s no mess!
How we Eat It
Drizzle some maple syrup on top of the pancake stack, and add some blueberries or sliced strawberries on the side.
Pasquale's top 3 Tips
- Watch for little bubbles to cover the pancakes as they’re cooking – that’s how you know when to flip!
- Use a wooden skewer to flip the pancakes with ease!
- Have an adult or older sibling on hand in case you need help.