- Broccoli contains sulforaphane which is a compound that boosts enzymes in the body and flushes out cancer-causing chemicals.
- Broccoli is very high in Vitamin C, making 1 cup of chopped broccoli the Vitamin C equivalent of an orange.
- Broccoli is high in soluble fibre and insoluble fibre as well.
- Broccoli is often boiled or steamed but may be eaten raw
- Mangoes help to unclog your pores and add freshness to your face, making them the perfect skin cleansers!
- More fresh mangoes are eaten around the world every day than any other fruit.
- Mangoes come in many different shapes, sizes and colours including yellow, orange, red and green.
- We just think they’re delicious!!!
6 Fun Facts about Pineapples
- Pineapple the fruit is actually a bunch of “fruitlets” fused together.
- Pineapple is low in calories, sodium, saturated fats and cholesterol while being a rich source of fibre, so it’s a perfect weight loss food.
- Besides fruit salads and tropical drinks, pineapples are also used to make wine.
- Pineapple cores contain high levels of bromelain, a proteolytic enzyme, which has a whole slew of health benefits including anti-inflammatory, muscle relaxant and digestive aid.
- Pineapples regenerate! You can plant pineapple leaves to grow a new plant.
- Pineapples ripen faster upside down.
Blueberries are one of nature’s only true blue foods that can even be used as food dye!
Avocadoes are naturally high in Vitamin B6 and Folic acid which stimulate production of a brain chemical called Serotonin. Serotonin is what makes us happy and relaxed!
So now we know why Domenic likes to sing in the store!
To peel a banana like a pro, do it like the monkeys. Hold the banana stem side down and pinch the top firmly with your fingertips until it tears. Pull back on the peel…and presto, a ready to eat banana is revealed. The still intact stem creates a nice handle and there is no fumbling or prompting to get the last bit out. It just happens easily and naturally. Even better, the monkey method of peeling from the non-stem end means those nasty, stringy bits are a thing of the past.