6 Fun Facts about Pineapples
- Pineapple the fruit is actually a bunch of “fruitlets” fused together.
- Pineapple is low in calories, sodium, saturated fats and cholesterol while being a rich source of fibre, so it’s a perfect weight loss food.
- Besides fruit salads and tropical drinks, pineapples are also used to make wine.
- Pineapple cores contain high levels of bromelain, a proteolytic enzyme, which has a whole slew of health benefits including anti-inflammatory, muscle relaxant and digestive aid.
- Pineapples regenerate! You can plant pineapple leaves to grow a new plant.
- Pineapples ripen faster upside down.